- About Us
The Lebanon Parks & Recreation Department strives to improve the quality of life of the citizens of Lebanon and Boone County by assuring positive leisure experiences and creating recreational opportunities through the conservation and wise use of park land and facilities today and for the future.
The Parks and Recreation Department is comprised of 12 full-time staff and 60 seasonal staff.
Accomplishments and Park Improvements
- The development of Seashore Waterpark in Memorial Park. This $4.5 million project includes the following design features: wave pool, lazy river, runout slide, regular water slide, zero-entry pool with slides and dump bucket, concessions, restrooms, showers, and changing rooms .
- Constructed a new War Memorial at Memorial Park.
- Purchased and paved 3.3 miles of the Big Four Trail formerly known as the Farm Heritage Trail on the northeast side of Lebanon.
- Added nine-hole disc golf course at Abner Longley Park.
- Replaced two old restroom buildings with new accessible restrooms.
- Started accessible walking trail at Abner Longley Park.
- Purchased three properties:
- Former YMCA site 10.5 acres on Maple Street.
- Conservation Club property 19 acres includes a 3-acre pond
- 2.5-acre property adjacent to Abner Longley Park
- A Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan was completed and adopted by the City of Lebanon in 2015. The Park Department was an active partner with the Planning & Zoning Department in developing the Master Plan.
- Completion of Boone County’s first Dog Park at the Conservation Park.
- Completion of Splash Pad at Abner Longley Park.
- Renovation of Memorial Shelter.
- Purchased 3 properties surrounding Abner Longley Park.
- Added additional pathway around Memorial Park.
- Multiple security camera additions and upgrades.
- Year-round restroom addition and maintenance barn addition.
- Renovation of Seashore Waterpark Bathhouse.
2017-2021 Lebanon Parks Department
Lebanon Parks & Recreation Department
130 E Ulen Drive
Lebanon, IN 46052
John MessengerParks Director
Taylor OrrOffice Manager
Allyson MortonPrograms Director
Thomas EngelsOffice & Recreation Coordinator
Billy SmithParks Maintenance Superintendent